- ◕ learn to see yourself within a culture of brain diversity — accept the idea that each of us sees the world through a different lens
- ◕ our willingness to be introspective is essential if we are to leverage our personal brain styles and yield our fullest potentials
- ◕ learn in what specific ways your own brain style is different than those around you
- ◕ instead of getting frustrated that others don’t process information in the exact way that you do, become increasingly adept at recognizing other people’s brain styles and accommodating when possible.
Sometimes we have to stop working for a few minutes so we can look at how we’re working, to determine if our habitual work style is aligned with our greatest strengths and talents.
How can each us of leverage our unique brain styles for maximum positive impact? It’s one of life’s great questions… or should be.
How to Leverage Your Unique Style of Working into Increased Success
Over the years, I have come to realize that three keys to professional success are found in the ability:
- 1. to accept the simple notion that the way I process information is organically different from the way that you process information
- 2. to accept our brain-style differences as a natural, healthy part of living — and working — within a community
- 3. to understand and appreciate each other’s unique styles of learning and working, so that we can leverage our brain-styles for maximum productivity
“…of course, each of uses many parts of our entire brain,
but which hemisphere do you tend to emphasize?”
Optimize your career! Our Longevity e-Newsletter is designed to provide you with the accountability you need to make improvements in how you manage your time, energy and nutrition. Every two weeks, subscribers receive a short, new strategy. And, it’s free. Sign-up at the bottom of this page.
Which Brain Style Do You Have?
The left hemisphere is more logical, linear, and language-centered.
Of course, each of uses many parts of our entire brain, but which hemisphere do you tend to emphasize? In the short video below, I share valuable tips on how to get the very most out of your day by determining if you are a Yin or a Yang at work:
Which of these best describes you?
- ▸ I prefer to do-good in order to feel-good.
- ▸ I like to feel-good so that I can do-good.
Let me know in the comments section below!